We are having a lazy Saturday in our house today. We had a wonderful streak of really warm weather and it seems Mother Nature wanted to remind us what our weather should be like this time of year. Cloudy, damp, and cold. Oh well. It gives me an excuse to sit inside on my couch to blog and watch reruns of True Blood! So here are 5 random things I thought I would share!
1. We have decided to paint the living room!! Woo Hoo! I couldn’t be more excited. We still want to stick to green but we are definitely going to tone down the color. I am thinking a type of green but with brown and grey undertones. As for right now we have a bunch of samples hanging on the wall. We have a few we both like but we aren’t going to rush it!
2. The corners in our living room are curved. Yep..No 90-degree angles in this room. Strange I know. I honestly can say I have never seen anything like it. It makes it really hard to paint the ceiling white since there is no distinction between the wall and the ceiling. We thought of crown molding but the curve of the corners doesn’t really make it possible. We are going to try and paint the ceiling and see how it looks…. stay tuned!
3. A friend of ours gave me this basket last weekend. Isn’t it great?! I love wicker baskets and I especially love this one. I have plans to put it in the bathroom closet to collect the dirty towels but that won’t happen for a while. The bathroom closet (and bathroom too) needs some work. Maybe this summer! Until then it will probably stay under the table until I can find a temporary home for it! (pssst..In case you are wondering why I still haven’t painted/stained the table yet I haven’t forgotten about it. I figured since we are going to paint the living room I would just wait and then decide on a paint/stain color).
4. I know this is not house related but I thought I would tell you 3 of my favorite TV shows. It seems appropriate given my lazy Saturday! Ok…my top 3…. Dexter….True Blood….Breaking Bad. I love them all but I am especially obsessed with Dexter! I just can’t get enough. I can’t wait to see season 6! I hear it was really good! Which brings me to number 5.
5. I don’t have cable/satellite/the dish or anything else that gives you more than just your basic TV stations. It’s true. I have never lived in a house that had cable. My parents never had it and when I moved out it didn’t seem like something I needed. However, we do have netflix and I love it. You may be wondering how it is I watch my top 3 TV shows. Mainly netflix but I am also guilty of purchasing the seasons (mainly from Amazon or when they are on sale at Target). I am not one to watch them once and be done…I actually watch them multiple times. Especially when I am waiting for the next season to come out. I always need to recap before a new season!
So am I the only one out there that has never had cable/satellite/the dish? It’s not that bad right? Or am I really missing out?! What about curved ceiling corners? Am I the only one who has those too?? Any thoughts/suggestions?